How daft is our weather? On Saturday afternoon I was subjecting the Staffs moorlands to the dubious pleasure of me in my cycling shorts for the first time this year during a jaunt around Uttoxeter, Cheadle and Ellastone. By Sunday evening I was confined to the turbo trainer and the garage as it was snowing.
Having said that it was very windy on Saturday, it's quite scary when you get a crosswind on a bike, you almost have to lean into the wind to keep in a straight line and pedalling down hills to keep speed up going into the wind is a strange sensation.
Crikey, how dull am I, jabbering on about the weather. Can't be as dull as my recreational time yesterday afternoon at Villa Park. Olly and I endured the full 90 minutes of Villa versus Liverpool, if they are one of the best teams in Europe, there's hope for us all...and Villa were denied a fairly clear cut penalty, but then you'd expect me to say that, wouldn't you. Up the Villa!
I have to admit to being faintly amused by Freddie Flintoff's escapades this weekend, not impressive less than 48 hours before playing for England, but going out, having too many beers, pinching a pedalo before having to be rescued from the sea does sound like a good night out. A bit like my dad on my stag do, but that's a different story altogether! Let's just hope Freddie wasn't singing Suspicious Minds, that could have turned it into a diplomatic incident! If I was a betting man, I would guess Kenya are going to be for it on Saturday.
(Thanks to Brian Mac for being my first sponsor!)
Monday, 19 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What did your dad do?
It's a long story involving a long day on the beer in Newquay, he decided he had had enough at about 8pm and walked back to our hotel across Fistral Bay and then tried to climb the cliffs. Needless to say he fell (not very far) off into the sea. He managed to swim back and then the hotel wouldn't let him in as he was soaking wet with seaweed attachments! He was meant to be keeping us out of trouble!
Post a Comment