I've then get all manner of drinks, bars and gels ready for Saturday itself, and I'm hoping to take in a few tea shops for coffee (yes, I know I said tea) and cake. That should do the job! I'll probably be too much of a porker to ride.
I'll keep the riding to a minimum this week, just the odd hour long jaunt. I will be watching the weather forecast very closely. I had a 30 mile ride on Saturday morning which would have been tough enough, but it was blowing a hoolie! I really don't like cycling in the wind. The 5 day forecast up to Friday looks good, dry, sunny and light winds. It looks hot around Wednesday but is cooling down on Friday so I will be keeping everything crossed, sunny, not too hot and no wind would be ideal, but no wind is the main focus!!
I saw my brother over the weekend, he is a crazy cyclist, as I may have already mentioned. In his list of credits is John O'Groats to lands End, the coast of England and Wales, the coast of Jockoland, north to south of both Spain and France and a 3 week trip across America!! However, his best mileage day is 135 miles, which was revised to 140 when i told him we thought London to Derby would be 140. Believe me, if I get to Derby and the mileometer is reading 140, I'm going to have to be in pretty bad shape for me not to do another mile around the block!!
Most of his rides have been on his own and 'unofficial', he did point out that he did 135 miles whilst he was still at school, on a 3-speed racer and wearing a duffle coat and jeans. Geeeeeek!!!
Anyway, my next post might actually be a report on how it went, so I hope to be up to doing it probably on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment